Re: nice and ssh/scp

In article <[🔎] 420ACB7A.1060309@familiasanchez.net>,
Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
>Is there a way to nice the remote end of an ssh or scp session?
>I aske because I have two machines.  One can fill a 100 Mbps pipe
>even enrypting for scp.  However, the other is CPU bound and
>maxes out at 7 MBps (or ~60 Mbps).

Try ssh -c blowfish :

     -c blowfish|3des|des
         Selects the cipher to use for encrypting the session.  3des is
         used by default.  It is believed to be secure.  3des (triple-des)
         is an encrypt-decrypt-encrypt triple with three different keys.
         blowfish is a fast block cipher, it appears very secure and is
         much faster than 3des.

Mike.