Re: Rdesktop users?

Curtis Vaughan wrote:

> I've put this question on the rdesktop list, but there seems to be only
> a post every couple of days (in other words, no reply).

> Anyhow, I have a problem using rdesktop. I know I have read a solution
> for this problem before, but now I can't find it.

> Basically, when I try to connect to a Terminal Server (whether I use
> 1.2.x or 1.3.0) I get the error that it cannot connect.  As I recall it
> had something to do with forcing the Terminal Server to think the
> client had a built in license.  There was a particular option one would
> add to the rdesktop command to do this.  But now I can find no such
> documentation.

I recall there being such an option as well, but I cannot find any
information on it, either. Strange.

FWIW, I remember that when I tried to use that option, it would just make my
RDP session die immediately after connecting. I could only connect when I
didn't use that option.

The Terminal Server was Windows 2000, with Terminal Services in Application
Server mode. What Windows version are you trying to connect to, and what
mode is Terminal Services in (if applicable)?

Adam