Re: CUPS and Epson CX5400 Color Stylus Printer

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 20:24 -0500, David A. Cobb wrote:
> Running 'Sarge' with kernel 2.4.27
> CUPS, plus the "ekpd" package from Epson.com
> The printer is attatched to USB.

I have this exact model of printer. All I have had to do to get it to
work on multiple different systems is install the
cupsys-driver-gimpprint package, and use the cups web interface to
choose the "EPSON Stylus C80 - CUPS+Gimp-Print v4.2.6" driver.

This gave me the following printers.conf

<DefaultPrinter Stylus-Color-Series>
Info Stylus-Color-Series
DeviceURI usb://EPSON/Stylus%20CX5400
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

I wouldn't try playing with the conf file though, just use the web
interface. It has worked fine that way on Debian, Ubuntu, FC3, and SuSE.

-Mark