From: Tim Cowlishaw [mailto:timcowlishaw@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:16 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: stop xwindows from loading at boot

apologies if i have sent this twice...

hi all,

sorry if this is a dumb / old question,
i have just completed a debian install on an old dell laptop, and have
succesfully got xWindows / GDE to launch at startup. however... i didn't

configure the mouse properly, so everytime i boot into debian, i'm
confronted with a desktop i can't use. therefore, i was wondering if
there is any way i can get back to the console at boot in anyway? bear
in mind i can't just quit gnome, as my mouse doesn't work.

cheers,

tim