Re: Sarge with ext3, reiserfs (3/4?) or xfs?

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 09:02:05PM +0100, Jan Meijer wrote:
> Come ReiserFS and XFS into the game.  Which one to choose?  I've heard

I think reiserfs is usually the best choice. It's faster than ext3 and more
stable - it's been around longer and hasn't had a serious bug in a long
time. The only problem is that it doesn't handle hash collisions. If you run
into that (which is pretty rare), creat() returns an error, preventing the
conflicting name from being use. Once a debian x fonts package had two files
in the same dir that conflicted, but i haven't run into it (i don't know if
the name was changed or what happened once the problem was found).

--
Tom Vier <tmv@comcast.net>
DSA Key ID 0x15741ECE