Re: Power button with ACPI

> Compiled 2.6.10 kernel and included the neccessary things as described in
> the
> acpi-howto, installed acpi and acpid. dmesg | grep ACPI says:

<snip>
> So I think that my hardware is supported. In the BIOS APM is disabled and
> ACPI
> is enables enabled. I also found that the file /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn
> exists. But when I press the power button nothing happens.

Are there any messages in /var/log/messages when you press the button?
Have you verified that acpid is actually running?
~$ ps -ef | grep acpi
root        16     3  0 Feb04 ?        00:00:00 [kacpid]
root      4884     1  0 Feb04 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/acpid -c
/etc/acpi/events -s /var/run/acpid.socket