Xprint startup errors

Possibly due to some inodes that got deleted after an improper shutdown,
possibly due to an Xorg backport which in the end was not used, I am now
getting the following errors on Xprint start:

No matching visual for __GLcontextMode with visual class = 0 (32775),
nplanes=8
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/truetype/commercial,
removingfrom list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/ttf, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/afms, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/afms/adobe, removing from
list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/PEX, removing from
list!

I reinstalled fonts, refreshed the cache. A cyrillic font that was on this
list seems now OK but these remain. (I doubt if I actually use any of this,
but) How to straighten this out?