Re: rosegarden won't run on my ibm T40 laptop running testing.

On Sunday February 6 2005 14:24, Henry Hollenberg wrote:
> I tried to load it on my laptop and it hangs at startup saying:
>
> JackDriver::initialiseAudio - JACK server not running
> ALSA lib seq_hw.c:446:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such
> file or directory
>
> over and over and over...
>
> Am I missing a dependency?

No, you're missing a sequencer device that rosegarden can dump MIDI data to
for playback. To get one for Soundblaster Live cards with an EMU chip you can
load the ALSA module snd_emux_synth (you'll have to load a patch set or
soundfont to hear anything), but you can also use timidity.

Those links should help:
http://dione.no-ip.org/~alexis/computing/ahdg/ahdg/ahdgse86.html
http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/suse/userguide/ch19s09.html

There was something about MIDI on this list a short while ago, search the
archives.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de