Re: Silly little regex question

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:47:15 -0500, Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess my question is:
>
> "What is a regular expression that would match any number of zeros in
> succession, and nothing beyond those zeros?"

A look at the man pages for sh and bash suggests that the above needs
reformulation:

"What is a Shell Pattern-Matching expression that would match any
number of zeros in succession, and nothing beyond those zeros?"

The man pages do _not_ support the claim that RE's are used with the
'##' and '#' operators that I have raised questions about.

Best,

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely