Re: MIDI && (PYTHON && WXGTK)

On Saturday 05 Feb 2005 04:16, Paul wrote:

> The suse manual recommends soundfonts for timidity, but he link to
> http://www.stardate.bc.ca/eawpatches/html/default.htm seems dead
> (last web page date is 1998).

Those are patches, not soundfonts. I use them myself and they sound
pretty good, but they're becoming difficult to find. There are .debs
here:

http://www.fbriere.net/debian/dists/unstable/deb/
http://www.fbriere.net/debian/dists/testing/deb/

The source code doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

Alternatively, you could use the official Debian freepat package, but
you'll probably find the sound quality disappointing.

> The 110 MB Titanic is a sf2 file,
> isn't it?  Is it possible to use *.sf2 files with timidity?

Yes.

> I've been googling unsuccessfully for a way to convert.

You need a Windows tool to unpack the soundfont archives. It's said to
work under WINE. Google ought to help.

--
PJR :-)