Re: Weird networking problems (caused by noapic?).

On Sunday 23 January 2005 20:50, Adam Funk wrote:

> to run.  One thing sticks in my mind: I recently started booting with
> the "noapic" option, which is required to boot recent kernels on my
> motherboard (ASRock K7S8X).  (As discussed in the thread ``Kernel
> installation woes on Athlon 1100: "hda: lost interrupt".'')  Could
> this affect the network this way?

I flash-upgraded the motherboard BIOS and the computer started booting
without noapic.  But there would be no networking, although ifconfig
showed eth0 and eth1 up.  If I booted with noapic, networking worked
for a short time after booting and went down irretrievably.

I then took out eth1 (a Realtek 8139) card and connected eth0
(motherboard RJ45) to the LAN, and now everything seems OK.  The eth1
card had worked for a long time, so I'd be surprised if it were faulty.

Is it possible for apic to interfere with one network card in a way that
stops both network connections from working?

--
Thanks,
Adam