Re: aptitude vs synaptic

I`ll give you a help with aptitude, it's very great!

Em Sex, 2005-02-04 às 09:11 +0100, Lucio Crusca escreveu:
> In particular, I find its "search in name and
> description" feature very useful (maybe also aptitude has that feature and
> I've never managed to find where).

Just press / and the search dialog will popup.

> One thing dselect has and others do not have (or, again, I've not found
> where), is the listing of "suggested" packages. It's not clear to me if the
> packages automatically selected as dependencies by aptitude and synaptic
> are only the strict dependencies, or include the "recommended" ones, or
> include also the "suggested" ones.

Go to Options->Dependency handling, then take a look here, it will show
you what you want.

Synaptic and aptitude are very great, but I really don't enjoy dselect.

--
Miguel Di Ciurcio Filho
Linux Professional ID 22833