Re: Floppydrive won't work

Hi,

did you have a floppy in the drive? If so, maybe a floppy is not supported
by your kernel. Or you have to load a module (the driver).

type
	dmesg | grep -i floppy
and check whether there is a line about floppies. On my system, the output
reads
	Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
	hdb: IOMEGA ZIP 100 ATAPI, ATAPI FLOPPY drive
	ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide

The first line tells me that the system recognises a floppy drive.

If that is not the case for you, check the directory of your kernel
modules,
	ls /usr/lib/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/block
to see whether you have something like floppy.ko or floppy.o in there.
If so, type
	modprobe floppy
(without the .o or .ko suffix).

type
	dmesg
to see whether you now have a line about floppies. Then you are done and
should be able do mount.

Otherwise I am afraid I could not help

Tim

--