Re: Troubleshooting NFS - was Replacing NFS with Samba

Croy, Nathan wrote:

From: Daniel L. Miller [mailto:dmiller@amfes.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 10:52 AM

Daniel L. Miller wrote:

Cameron Hutchison wrote:

Once upon a time Daniel L. Miller said...

<snip>

I was having lots of trouble with NFS when it was being
carried over a
wireless link (a wireless bridge between my upstairs and
downstairs). I
was getting the same errors you're getting.

I fixed it by using NFS over tcp - it defaults to UDP. If
you add the
"tcp" option to the mount options, it will use TCP. You
may want to give
that a try.

Thanx for the suggestion - already using it.  Not fixed yet . . .

I can NOT figure out what the deal is here! I do see messages from time to time from my network card - showing
auto-negotiation messages
to 100BaseT full duplex. I don't know why this would
happen - unless
some thing is causing the link to fail and re-connect?

Daniel

Now it's not just NFS - CIFS shares are locking up as well! I can ssh to the workstation, the network connection appears fine, every other @#$%ing station has no problems - so I don't see this as a server problem. I switched ports on my 100BaseT switch last night - and still this lockup occurs. Anybody got a bright idea for me?

Try a different network card, preferably one with a different driver.
It's a completely new computer - with a different architecture and network driver.

--
Daniel