From: Maurits van Rees [mailto:maurits@mauritsvanrees.xs4all.nl] On
Behalf Of Maurits van Rees
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 2:23 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Kernel Upgrade to 2.6.10, can't find

Hi Rob,

I'm on the list, so there's no need to mail a copy of list mail to me
personally as well. Thanks.

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 01:59:17PM -0600, Rob Brenart (TT) wrote:
> Ok, I upgraded everything (except security) to unstable, did and
update,
> and tried an upgrade.

You don't need to upgrade everything to unstable just for one kernel
package. It may be a good idea, but I don't think it is necessary. You
can download and install that package manually. Alternatively you can
put both the 'testing' and 'unstable' lines in your sources.list. Then
define your default release in /etc/apt/apt.conf:

     APT::Default-Release "testing";

Then maybe add some package pinning to /etc/apt/preferences.

For details see the APT-HOWTO, which could be in:

/usr/share/doc/Debian/apt-howto/apt-howto.en.html

Else look at http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/

See paragraphs 3.8 and 3.10.

HTH,

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill