CVS Homedir --> SVN Homedir

I just happen to be looking things such as a CVS based backup onto a rw
loop file. Snapshot the loop file, compress it, cram it onto removable
media (currently Hot Swap 300GB SATA Drives).

So, I ran across Joey Hess' article at the Linux Journal form a few
years ago.  http://interactive.linuxjournal.com/article/5976

I am just wondering if Joey still does it and whether or not he has
considered SVN, now that he has much more experience with SVN now.

Does Joey mind sharing his insight?
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux