Re: why can't i compile a 2.6.10 kernel?

Hi Tim,

I don't know enough to know what the problem really is, but here are a few ideas:

1. Did you download the vanilla 2.6.10 source? If so, try removing that and installing Debian's kernel-source-2.6.10 package. I haven't had any trouble with that. 2. I noticed that it says it's using the config file from 2.6.8. Maybe that has something to do with it. Then again, it might not; I'm pretty new to this. 3. I had success by using Debian's source package and following these instructions: http://www.desktop-linux.net/debkernel.htm

Let us know how it turns out.  Good luck.

Adam