Re: ssh session to a computer with a non-routable ip

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 10:51 -0600, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> hello,
>
> i am wondering if it is possible to get shell access to a computer with
> a non-routable ip (192.168.x.x) if that computer initiates the ssh
> session.
>
> that is, there are two computers (A and B, with A having a non-routable
> ip address and B having a routable ip address). i am at B and i want to
> have shell access to A. there is a person at A who can type things and
> run programs, but lets assume A's gateway wont do NAT or portforwarding.
>
> any thougts?

If A's gateway wont do NAT, how can it see the "outside world"?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Clearly the allies may not like it, and I think that's our great
concern - where's the backbone of Russia, where's the backbone of
France, where are they in expressing their condemnation of such
clearly illegal activity: they're now climbing into a box and
they will have enormous difficulty not following up on this if
there is not compliance."
John Kerry - CNN Crossfire / November 12, 1997
http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0403/S00076.htm