Re: 2problems; kernel & net, apt-get err

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 10:54 +0100, Es'uomikim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two problems that I didn't get help anywhere....could you help me ?
>

> First problem is:
>
> /debian:~# apt-get -f install
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>  mozilla-thunderbird-locale-pl
> 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 1  not upgraded.
> 1 packages not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 848kB will be freed.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
> (Odczytywanie bazy danych ... 30958 plików i katalogów obecnie zainstalowanych.)Usuwanie mozilla-thunderbird-locale-pl ... < ---- removeing thunderbirs
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla-thunderbird-locale-pl.postrm: update-mozilla-thunderbird-chrome: command not found
> dpkg: błąd przetwarzania mozilla-thunderbird-locale-pl (--remove):
> podproces post-removal script zwrócił kod błędu 127 < ----- post-removal error code 127
> Wystąpiły błędy podczas przetwarzania:  < --------------- there were errors while processing
> mozilla-thunderbird-locale-pl

Seems like you can only remove mozilla-thunderbird-locale-pl when
thunderbird is installed. Try

apt-get -f install mozilla-thunderbird

but I'm not sure if it helps.

> second problem is:
>
> I want to upgrade my kernel but after installing new one it doesn't connect to internet... Whan I installed debian it made everything automaticly.
> While configurateing nwe kernel I checked 'Y' on my Realtec RTL-8139 card; everything else was set like Xconfig suggested me "If you don't know mark..."
> I have pc connected to /SMC 7004 VBR Barricade/ that is my router...
>
> the hardware is the same as /lspci/ said../
> 00:0a.0 Ethernet Controller: Realtec Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139 (rev 10/)
>
> for:
> /modprobe modprobe 8139too
> > Can't locate module 8139too
> /(on new kernel)/

I guess you compiled the kernel yourself. Maybe you forgot

make modules
make modules_install?

> and/ /after:/ make oldconfig/  - I got /kernel panic/...
> /...
> kmod: failed to exec /slib/modprobe -s -h block-major-22 errno = 2
> VFS: Cannot find root device "1603" or 16:03
> please append "root=" boot option
> Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 16:03

This means most probably, that you do not have compiled either the
filesystem or the device (ide or scsi) in the kernel. Or you compiled
them as modules and didn't make the initrd.img

But it is dificult to say, you should provide more and better structured
information.

[...]

cheers,
Hp.
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology

Spamtraps: hkunz.bogus@ailab.ch hkunz.bogus@ifi.unizh.ch
---
When in doubt, follow your heart.