Re: Problem with LVM on fresh Sarge installation

Juraj.Kubelka@infineon.com wrote:

<snip>

Maybe your system doesn't have support for LVM compiled in or the initrd doesn't
load the proper lvm2 modules? If LVM2 is what you are using off course. Are you using a standard kernel or a self compiled one?

Regards,
Benedict

I think there is support for LVM2. I'm using distribution kernel 2.6.8-1-386 installed by debian installer for Sarge.
---------------
# strings /boot/initrd.img-2.6.8-1-386 | grep dm-mod
dm-mod.ko

Best regards,
Jura

The standard kernel provides LVM2 support so that should be alright.
Since it works when you do it manually, something must be wrong when you're starting the system. When you activate it manually, what does vgdisplay and lvdisplay show you?

Regards,
Benedict
P.S. Also reply to the list so other people can follow this, it might get your problem
solved faster