Mozilla mail filter problem

I am using Mozilla mail to read my mail. I have some filters set to automatically put some mailing lists in their own folder.

The filters have stopped running automatically. After getting my mail I have to select 'Tools->Run Filters on the Folder' to get the mail sorted. This may have happened after an upgrade, but I can't be certain.

I have looked through all of the configuration settings, but can't find anything that would change the filter behavior.

I am using the Debian Mozilla package. about: gives the version as 1.7.5 and Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20050105 Debian/1.7.3-5 StumbleUpon/1.999

--
Shawn D'Alimonte  shawnd@mycybernet.net