Re: alsa + udev not setting up devices

Thomas Hood wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 01:00:25 +0100, Rob Benton wrote:

I've got a laptop I'm trying to get alsa set up on. For whatever reason the sarge d-i rc2 iso did not install alsa. So I installed alsa-base and alsa-utils. alsaconf detected my onboard intel sound device and added an entry for snd-intel8x0 to /etc/modutils/alsa-base. But udev is not creating the sound devices I need on boot.

What versions of alsa-base, udev and hotplug do you have installed?

alsaconf didn't create a sound directory under /etc/modprobe.d or /etc/modutils. I looked at the README files from alsa-base but it just mentioned /etc/alsa/dev.d/alsa-base.dev. I don't have anything mounted as devfs. Is that a problem?

ii  alsa-base      1.0.7-2        ALSA driver configuration files
ii  udev           0.050-3        /dev/ management daemon
ii  hotplug        0.0.20040329-1 Linux Hotplug Scripts