Re: Firewall shutdown

Hello

Amira Youssef (<om_ziad2001@yahoo.com>) wrote:

> I've Woody 3 R2 NON US and would like to check if the firewall
> processes are running and shut them down if they are.
>
> Could u pls advise me how to do that?

The "firewall" runs inside the kernel. You can however check if any
rules are configured or if the kernel modules are loaded. If you use
kernel 2.2, you should look for ipchains, if you use 2.4, check
iptables or ipchains. With 2.4, you can run iptables-save to see if any
rules are activated, run lsmod | grep ip_tables to see if the basic
driver is loaded.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270