Re: My boss want to kill debian, please help !

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Michael Sims wrote:
> Sorry if I've missed this in the archives, but could you elaborate on how
> the e100's are problematic?  Or point me to a resource that explains it?
> I'd appreciate it...

Older ones (and it IS difficult to make sure you're not getting one in
certain places of the world) had hardware problems, which caused lockups for
example.  The driver compensates for this, but it really is a pain on high
packet load.

Also, AFAIK, only the e1000 has enough hardware assistance for one to get
about six of them to cooperate and not lose packets.  This is certainly not
a problem if you're using one or two e100.

  Henrique Holschuh