Re: Programming Languages, "to C or not to C, that is the Q."

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, John Hasler wrote:

> Curt Howland writes:
> > I'll raise an ancient, whithered hand here and say that I would like an
> > environment like the old BASIC ROM interpreters.
>
> So use Bash.

Or any other shell, or Python or Scheme or Common Lisp.

Scheme and CL are not really interpreters, they are interactive
compilers, but they feel almost like the old BASIC interpreters (yet,
subjectively, much better.)

You can't write '15 PRINT "Hello"' and expect your source code to be
automatically edited in any of the above!  Better to use a real editor
if you want to keep your code.

's'all,  David