Re: is ${PATH} in pam_env.conf supposed to see PATH set by login.defs?

from man login.defs, it support a short list of paramters and
PATH is not (or has obsolete usage of) them.
At the end it tell that pam manage the parameters previously
setted by login.defs so i guess you should set the path
in pam_env.conf directly.

My bet is that login only sources the valid params from
login.defs so PATH is not in its context when pam is called (even
if pam is called after login.defs)

This is bug 65611 in the BTS. My bet is that sinece then , pam is
way better integrated in debian.
The only point remaining would be hardcoded PATH in /etc/profile.

I will  look after it. Please share your findings.

Please Cc me , i am not on the list.

Regards
Alban