i need more loop devices

hi,

I need to backup my system (20 gigs) to a smbfs mounted directory. with
all the attributes of an ext3 file system so plain rsync --archive won't
be enough. I decided to create a filesystem image to mount from the
mentioned directory. This time i hit to the filesize limit of the smbfs.

i decided to create 10 x 2GB files and glue them via raid 0 but this
time, number of loopback devices couldn't handle that :) i have 8 of
them. is it possible to create more? i tried with mknod, but couldn't
succeed.

thanks
--
Can Burak Cilingir