Re: Question

Dan Arico wrote:

On Sat January 22 2005 4:32 pm, Joris Huizer wrote:
Dan Arico wrote:
I'm running the testing version. I want to install xftp, which is
listed as a package in stable, but not in testing. What is the
correct syntax to do that?

Dan Arico
Shouldn't `apt-get install xftp` just get it? or try `apt-get -t
"stable" install xftp`

Nope. In both cases, I get a message that xftp can't be found.

The source for xftp is moxftp, which according to the changelogs (http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/m/moxftp/moxftp_2.2-18.1/changelog) has been orphaned.

I'd suggest you find another GUIfied ftp client.

Alternatively, you can add the stable sources to your /etc/apt/sources.list file and do an update/install and grab it from the stable branch (which will work Today, but may not work Tomorrow, and adds the risk of security issues inherent in any orphaned package).

--
Kent