Re: Need Simple Floor Plan Software

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 04:25:24PM -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
> My daughter just bought a house and we would like to draw the floor plan
> with doors and windows to plan the furniture layout.  qcad is probably
> an overkill.  A Goggle search turned up several architectural drawing
> programs but no Debian packages.  Any recommendations?
>
> Tom George

Hi Tom,

We "did" our house with xfig.  All the walls first, then thicker lines
for windows/doors.

The furniture, if you need to rotate it through an angle other than 90
degrees, can be drawn with the polygon tool.

Worked well for us...

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,