Re: DHCP and IP routing

johnc <johnc909@comcast.net> writes:

> Hi, I'm not sure how to have dhcpd ignore the setting altogether, but
> in my experience, at least leaving the nameserver entries undefined
> causes the subsequent dhcp clients to use their static defaults.
>
> The config statement for setting the default route is "option routers
> <ip-addr>", and is, I believe usually scoped to within individual
> subnet declarations.

I don't want and cannot change anything on the DHCP server.  I have a
client, that gets all its config from the DHCP server.  The DHCP
server gives me my IP address and a router to use.  The DHCP client
configures a default route pointing to that router.

However, I have a second NIC in that client and I want the default
route to point to a router on that network.  I have statically
configured that second interface and the gateway in
/etc/network/interfaces.

For the first NIC I want to use the DHCP server but I want to use the
router and name server that is given in the DHCP reply but only for
10.0.0.0/8 (and a few other subnets) and not for the default route.
So my question is how can I configure the dhcp-client to achieve this?
I haven't found this in the man page.  I would also be willing to
install another DHCP client that supports this, if there is one.

urs