Re: linux-compatible devices

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 20:52 -0800, ken keanon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I want to ascertain that a device is
> Linux-compatible before I purchase it, where can I get
> the info? Any reliable website(s) on this?

For *new* devices?  No.  Manufactures don't want to get on MSFT's
sh*t list by saying, "Works with Linux!", and how to users know
until enough early adopters have tried it and some decided to
tell someone else?

http://www.linuxprinting.org/
http://www.linux-usb.org/  -> http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/
http://www.linux1394.org/
http://www.gphoto.org/   ->
    http://www.gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php   ->
        http://www.teaser.fr/~hfiguiere/linux/digicam.html

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I want to have children and I know my time is running out: I
want to have them while my parents are still young enough to take
care of them."
Rita Rudner