Re: SAMBA and PERM

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 22:02 -0200, Leonardo Marques wrote:
> How i do to share a directory, and the mounted share have the same
> permissions than the directory on the server machine ?

It does automatically. Samba is a fairly normal type of unix service;
when a user connects to the smbd service, a new smbd service is spawned
with the uid/gid of the connecting user. That process is what accesses
the files on the filesystem. If the user doesn't have access to a file,
then the smbd process won't have access to the file.

I may be misunderstanding what you are asking though. Do you perhaps
mean that you want to be able to mount a samba share and use it like
nfs, where multiple different users can access the files using their
effective permissions? If so, that is not possible with samba.
-Mark