Re: Setting up OpenLDAP

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 11:22 -0200, Leonardo Marques wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Someone can tell me how to set up a very simple OpenLDAP server? Just
> the necessary to start configure it with some graphical tool, like
> webmin. A simple conf and a fast step-to-step will be fine.

I have been working on an ldap server setup tool, you can check it out
at http://edsadmin.sourceforge.net/EDSRealmAssistant.tar.gz

It requires python. Just run (as root) main_simple_ldap.py to get a
basic configuration. You will then need to install and set up
libnss-ldap and libpam-ldap (there's lots of info on those around the
web)

As far as a graphical tool, try http://edsadmin.sourceforge.net

-Mark