Re: Irregular crashes (freezes) on Sarge

Felix Laate,

> I have a server which every 2,3,4 or 5 (so far) days freezes. Power is still
> on, but nothing else. No screen, no networ, no nothing.
>
> The server set up with sarge(1386). It runs this hardware:
>
> Motherboard: k8d master3-133
> CPU:	(single) opteron
> Memory: 2x512
> Video: onboard
> NIC: onboard (Broadcom 5700 series)

We have in the past had similar problems with AMD server-chipsets when
we've tried running them with non-ECC memory. Is this the case here as
well? We switched to ECC and haven't had any problems since.

Add-on cards can also be troublesome sometimes (exchanging a 3com-card
with an intel one fixed one of the servers.)

--
regards,

Christopher Pharo Glæserud