Re: mozilla-firefox

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 08:08:01AM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> Jianan wrote:
>
> >I installed mozilla-firefox 1.0-4 from my 'sarge' CD-ROM #1. The
> >installtaion went smoothly but after that I cannot run the browser from
> >the menu. An animated icon was active for a while and then disappeared.
> >Nothing comes out. I have been running konqueror all this while.
> >

> Try running it from a console: "mozilla-firefox" I believe; look for
> error messages.

You can also try looking in ~/.xesssion-errors after running it from
the menu.  This doesn't let you compare the timing of the messages
with other events, but it should be a complete record of any error
messages.  (OTOH, I've noticed that many versions of Netscape/Mozilla
have had a habit of either failing silently or just giving a single,
completely uninformative message declaring that they're about to die,
in which case neither .xsession-errors nor running from a shell will
give you any useful information.  Hopefully, Firefox is better about
that sort of thing...)

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that