Re: Strange popup message with new KDE3.3 from sid

John Foster wrote:

On Sunday 16 January 2005 10:25 am, Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:
On Sunday 16 January 2005 17:23, John Foster wrote:
am seeing this popup sisnce my last upgrade. The upgrade also wiped
out all of my kde configs for every desktop setting,
kmail,addressbook,kalarm, etc. Any one know what this is and how to
fix it.
Logout of KDE and X completely (shut down your graphical login manager
if you're using one) and restart everything. Should be fine. Otherwise
check with apt-get update&&apt-get dist-upgrade that there are no
pending upgrades.

Seems that some script didn't get the chance to finish its job.

-A
Well I tried that but no help. I've been at this for a long time (Linux User) & I have never run into this before. Any other suggestions, anyone?
Thanks.
Try creating a new user and logging into KDE as that user. If it works for that user, I'd just blow away any KDE-related stuff in my home directory and start KDE clean. It's not really the answer you were wanting, but it's quick (provided you can reset your prefs, etc easily).

If if doesn't work for your new user, I'd search bugs.debian.org for a bug relating to this. If nothing found, you might try another update/dist-upgrade (assuming you're running Sarge or Sid); maybe a new package will have fixed it by now.

--
Kent