Re: Migration apache -> apache2

Stevan Kanban wrote:

Hello,
I've uninstall apache and apache2 deals with my 80 and 443 ports. I've seen 2 main changing:
1. the directive ServerType is not anymore recognized by my http server sothat i cannot plug it to xinetd. 2. the comboboxes i had on my php page have disappeared and my source shows that they're not recognized by the server (i've tried with many web browsers). The <form> tag is seen. My php4 modules are loaded. So... what?

Is there any cure for this desease?

Running Apache as an inetd process is just a bad idea. That is why they depreciated ServerType. Run it standalone.

the combo boxes on your php pages are rendered by the browser, not the server. That doesn't have anything to do with apache. Maybe you had an older version of php installed that no longer parses your pages correctly. Either way, it doesn't have anything to do with apache2. It would have to be something with the php code or the application... Or something wrong with the html syntax of that combo box.

Hope that helps.

-Mike