Kernel support for Dell/Broadcom wireless card?

I have a Dell wireless card which utilizes the Broadcom bcm4306 chipset
and am running kernel 2.4.27  What is the best way for me to get usable
support for the card?  I had read, somewhere, that someone had written or
used a wrapper which also took advantage of the Windows-based DLLs and
that got the card working fine.  If the kernel cannot support the card,
then how would I got about putting together a wrapper (I've never never
written a wrapper), and I presume I can just get and use the DLLs from
Dell's web site.

Whatever it takes to get the card up and running.

Thanks.

Scott