Re: Secure replacement for FTP (other then SSH)

We have roughly 100 (untrusted) users transferring and downloading files "securely". We run proftpd (http://www.proftpd.org/) along with mod_tls (Transport Security Layer) to achieve something which is semi-secure. See http://www.castaglia.org/proftpd/doc/contrib/ProFTPD-mini-HOWTO-TLS.html for a short how-to.

On OS X there's Captain FTP which supports this well while on Windows I'm sure there are plenty of clients capable of utilizing this sort of thing.

I'm really happy to see people are starting to realize the limitations of FTP, so hopefully we'll start seeing more solutions designed with security in mind.

Good luck Franki.

Kindly,
Didde