Re: Playing tone through speakers

On Friday 14 January 2005 12:35 pm, Rob Bochan wrote:
> On Friday 14 January 2005 01:03 pm, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a utility that will play a continuous tone (specified
> > frequency, I know there may be some drift) through the computer's
> > speakers?
>
> The beep package may be something to look into, more info at:
> http://johnath.com/beep/README

That would have worked, except that I didn't ask the right question (e.g. you
answered perfectly the question I asked - but it wasn't what I was looking
for)

When I said speakers, I was thinking of the speakers attached to the sound
card (I'd *ALMOST* forgotten that the PC itself had a speaker). Thanks for
the response, and I apologize for my slip.

So the correct question would be: Does anyone know of a utility that would
play a continuous tone of a specified frequency through the speakers attached
to my SoundBlaster Live?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
---Michael