Re: reclaiming space from redmond!

Robert wrote:

> Hey I've just read what Kent West wrote and he says much the same
> advice.  My main point is that you can mount any partition from any
> disk into the Linux file tree - either on the fly with the 'mount'
> command or at boot up with the /etc/fstab file.  You do not 'merge'
> partitions.
>
> Nuke

thanks for this detailed response: actually i *was* aware that linux
can mounts to identify different folders - guess what i meant when i
said "merge" was that i wanted to make /dev/hda5 a "pure" linux
partition since i wanted /usr to be mounted there.
yours and kent's responses give me all the steps i need - i will try
them out this weekend and let you know.
thanks!
-prash.