Re: Apache 1.3.33-2 not reading index files

[KS] wrote:
Hi,

I did an apt-get upgrade a few days ago and it included updates for some php packages. Since that upgrade, my webserver is not showing the index files for directories other than web root directory. I just simply get the directory listing for all other directories.

Any suggestions on what could be possible causes? I already checked the httpd.conf file and the index file line includes index.xhtml, index.php, etc.

Thanks,
/KS

Another critical problem that I noticed after that upgrade is that Apache is _not logging_ to access.log or error.log I also tried restarting the webserver but it didn't help. Logging is configured as "combined" in httpd.conf

Below is some info about the machine/webserver:

ii  apache         1.3.33-2       Versatile, high-performance HTTP server

user@mars:~$ uname -a
Linux mars 2.6.9 #1 Fri Nov 19 11:52:56 EST 2004 i686 GNU/Linux

Let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks.