Re: Building linux-wlan-ng

Yevgen Reznichenko wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have troubles by building linux-wlan-ng for my 2.6.9. Up to now I have
> done:
>
> cd /usr/src/modules
> apt-get source linux-wlan-ng
> cd /usr/src/linux
> make-kpkg kernel_image
> make-kpkg modules_image

(snip)
> Who knows how to solve it?
>
> Yevgen

Hello Yevgen,

I have had better luck by getting the newest linux-wlan-ng source
directly from the AbsoluteValue website, here:

           ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan-ng

I had been using the pre23 version successfully with kernel 2.6.9
(686-smp).  Then kernel 2.6.10 broke pre23.  pre24 had a segfault
problem; they released pre25 the next day and it works (for me
anyway) with kernel 2.6.10, built with make-kpkg.

I have always built the module after untarring source to
/usr/src/modules and then following the instructions in the README
file included.  It is just make config / make all / make install
as the readme describes.

Try it!

Roby