Re: (Serious) Problem with apt-get

http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/stable/non-US/main/binary-i386/Packages

>   Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
> Failed to fetch

http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/stable/non-US/main/binary-i386/Packages

>   Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
> Reading Package Lists... Error!
> E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
> E: Error occured while processing octave2.1-headers (NewVersion1)
> E: Problem with MergeList

/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp2.it.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
>

> And stops. Could anybody help me please? Thanks in advance.

Not to be quippy, but did you even bother to search the mailing list archives?
I ask becuase this issue is brought up probably once a month, and a 10 second
search would reveal the answer.

Anyhow, simply add the following line to /etc/apt/apt.conf (create the file if
it does not already exist):

APT::Cache-Limit 10000000;

Regards,

-Roberto