Re: "unrouteable address"

> I'm using exim4 on Debian sid as a dial-up system sending mail via a
> smarthost. I want to write a message to someone else on ispwest.com,
> but exim keeps bouncing the message rather than sending it on to the
> smarthost.

You're going to have to provide more information.  First, at the time the
message bounces, can you resolve ispwest.com?  Run 'host ispwest.com' and
tell us what you get.

Second, what does exim tell you about why the message fails?  There has to
be an error message in a log somewhere.  Find it and tell us what it says.