Re: Xserver monitor Setting.....?

Hi Alex.
Thank you again for your reply.

> Yes, you could change the settings by editing
> XF86Configure-4 manually.
> Please read the manpage for that.
There is one reason to disable me to alter.
I was told I have no right to change the file,
for I am not the owner of it.

> You can use xf86cfg to configure your X, but I
> didn't used that tool
> myself, so I can't tell you anything about that.
>
> The debian way is to run "dpkg-reconfigure
> xserver-xfree86" as I have
> told you before.

It seems to me you are absolutely right.
And I seem to have had package called ' xserver
-xfee86' not installed at all!

Would you let me know how I can down-load that
package?
But by typing  #apt-get install xser
whisper me I have them all updated and no file
is replaced at all.

What can I do...?

Thank you.