WAV to MP3, was Re: HowTo convert .mp3 to .wav

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 07:19:48PM +0100, Vegard Lundby Rekaa wrote:
> I have used cdparanoia to rip a cd, and now I have several .wav files I
> wat to convert to .mp3.

Note that you reversed this in the subject line.

> I've tried grip, but I get this errormessage every time:

Grip has nothing to do with it.  You need to get lame or its
equivalent.  The main Debian distro has no MP3 encoders because MP3
is patent-encumbered (doesn't meet the DFSG).  You can find a lame
.deb file by a search at apt-get.org.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading