Re: md5 not matching up on d-i rc2 sarge iso

messmate wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:22:19 -0600
Rob Benton <rob.benton@conwaycorp.net> wrote:

I don't know a lot about md5sums and what I've seen may not be a
problem but I thought I would ask anyway.  I downloaded and burned the
sarge iso with debian-installer rc2.  I used k3b for the first time in
a while so I figured I would let it verify after I burned the iso.  It
fails b/c the md5sums of the iso and the burned image do not match up. Is this a problem?

My experience..yes.
Steps to do when downloading :
-download the MD5SUM of the FILE you download.
Then compare ( cat md5sum-file) and do a md5sum <your downloaded file>.
These 2 MUST be egal.
If not, there was a download problem.
I had this for exemple with the gFTP package.
'wget' solved the problem.

mess-mate

The problem was

md5sum sarge.iso = value-1
md5sum /dev/hdd = value-2

I used DAO mode to burn the CD again and the values matched up.