Sharing a console session with Screen

Hi there,

I need to share a console session with screen on a development server with a collegae (we are both on remote locations). It works when one of us is root. Problem is: how can I make it work for a non-root account?

I follow the procedures as depicted in
http://cosmic.homeunix.net/blog/old/00000018.html

So that's
- setuid of /usr/bin/screen

and after starting screen from one session, giving the commands (with ^A : )

- multiuser on
- addacl root

From a second console the root account can connect to the session with screen -x [ACCOUNT]

Wel, that's fine and its really helpfull to share a console that way. But you can probably imagine that I don't particularry want to work from a rootaccount and in many cases it would not be an option.

If I connect to the session from a non-root account (which has been given proper acces rights to the session, of course) you get

"Cannot open your terminal '/dev/pts/4' - please check."

So probably the non-root account cannot read from the pseudo terminal device file. How would I be able to give this non-root account access to the session? Make it a member of the tty group and set r/w access on the device? WOuld that be safe?

Regards,

Iwan