Re: dhcp apparently handing out the wrong ip address

Alan Chandler wrote:
On Saturday 08 January 2005 20:25, Alan Chandler wrote:

On Saturday 08 January 2005 14:35, Robert Vangel wrote:
.

After releasing, make sure you clean out /var/lib/dhcp3/dhcpd.leases (I
think), it may cache what IP to assign to clients (although you would
think the configuration would override this).

Process I would use to clean it: stop dhcp3-server, clean out
dhcpd.leases, start dhcp3-server.

Tried that too - doesn't seem to help

Its almost as though win 2000 has kept a record and is asking for the same
address in the

... request

Sorry clicked send to early

IIRC, though it has been a long time since I messed with Windows
networking, if the DHCP server takes too long to offer an address,
it will simply use the previously issued address.

-Roberto Sanchez